Profit from self-employment: how to start your first freelance business (your guide to Success)
|Profit from self-employment: how to start your first freelance business (your guide to Success)|
Profit from self-employment is considered one of the most famous ways to profit from the internet for beginners, as the self-employment market has known a great development in recent times, especially with the emergence of the world of profit from the internet and its spread in our Arab societies.
And every day a lot of freelancers join us and wonder how I get my first job as a freelancer, frankly such questions are one of the most frequently asked questions on our Facebook pages and YouTube channels.
Today and in this article, we will try to answer all the questions related to how to get a job or how to get your first client as a freelancer and freelancer, and how you can provide the best service to your best client.
How to get your first job as a freelancer
As we mentioned earlier that freelancing is considered one of the most lucrative fields from which many beginners earn money, also you can easily profit from the internet for Beginners by starting freelancing.
As we have also pointed out that self-employment is considered one of the most areas in which beginners start and make profits from it, but many people ask questions about this area and today we will try to answer these questions.
How do you know that a self-employment project is right for you
Getting to know the suitability of the project for you is very necessary and important, before accepting or starting to submit any freelance project.
As soon as you accept to work on a particular project, you have to complete it, withdrawing from the project even at the beginning will not be in your best interests at all.
And you may end up evaluating something from the client, which can negatively affect your chances of getting another job, especially if you work via one of the popular and large freelance platforms and sites.
Therefore, it is necessary to take the time to study the details of the project, and not hesitate to ask any questions to the client to clarify any details that may be vague or vague, you need to make sure that the project suits you in terms of skills and experience, and to make sure that you are able to complete it successfully.
This is to avoid withdrawal from the project and preserve your professional reputation and future chances of getting more work.
When you intend to implement any project, you should ask yourself the following important questions:
Do my skills and capabilities correspond to the requirements of the project The project description should be carefully read to make sure of this.
Do I have enough time to complete this project You must specify the time period required to complete the project and specify the possibility of allocating this time.
Is this project of interest to me The project should be interesting and suitable for your interests and professional interests.
The 10 best sites for freelancing
There are a lot of sites that we always advise you to start your career in self-employment and profit from the internet through the sale of mini-services, and we have mentioned a lot about them in many articles that you can return to or find at the end of the article.
In general, here is a list of the top 10 sites for freelancing:
- Up Work
Know the target group and what skills they master
You need to answer this question without thinking, about what skills are you proficient and professional in, when answering this question you will know directly your target category and know how to target it and know its needs, which is another very important step.
When you need to get acquainted with the needs of the client, what things he needs to offer him, and what services you can offer him, you need to know everything about your target category and you can do this only by first getting acquainted with the skills that you master.
If you are a designer or someone who does editing, you will first need to get acquainted with your skills and skill level.is your target group content creators, YouTubers, or owners of film production and film production companies, determine your skill level and what you master.
Offer your services on freelancing sites
After you have identified your target category and the skills you master, you will now need to determine the platforms where your services will be offered, I said platforms, not one platform, most beginners confine themselves to one freelancing platform and do not exploit a large number of platforms and freelancing sites.
Frankly, I think it's a very stupid idea, it's inappropriate to limit yourself to one site or one freelancing platform and eliminate your chances in a lot of other platforms, you can start spreading your services on more sites and start earning as many customers as possible.
At the beginning of the article, we mentioned the top 10 freelancing sites and mini-services, you can use all those sites to publish your services there and target as many customers as possible.
Connect with customers
You can start searching for your customers and targeting them through social networking sites and start offering them your services and trying to convince them of your skills and services.
For example, if you are providing editing services, you can start communicating with YouTubers through social networking sites and start offering your services.
Most business owners and people who need freelancers and freelancers, most of them have a very large presence on social networking sites.
You can use the command and start sending them messages and viewing the services you provide, you will need to write a professional job offer, and here comes the next step.
How to write a good job offer
A professional job offer is what convinces the client of your work and your skills and makes him work with you, he is following your interface and your work, so you will need to write a job offer that meets the client's requests and needs accurately and professionally.
You can create a professional job offer by following these steps:
1. Contents of the professional job offer: the job offer must contain the following:
- Project summary
- Expected project cost
- Schedule of each project task
- What you will provide to complete the project
- Your contact information
2. Start introducing yourself first: who are you, what is your name, and what is your work, get to know yourself first before you get to know your work, and here is an article:
"My name is Thomas, I work as a writer with 5 years of experience in writing articles in various technical fields, I worked with several major websites and blogs in several different fields, I used a lot in blogging in the field of profit from the internet and ways to earn money and projects, we helped a lot of people in writing professional articles and topping search engines". This is just an example.
3. Tell the client why he needs to use you and your services: as we say from the example the proof is clear, here is an example of this:
"I have the ability to simplify complex technical terms and formulate them in an attractive style that turns boring and complex technical words into a journey of pleasure and benefit at the same time, I have the ability to write huge SEO-compatible articles and top search engines in a short time"
4. Attach a previous business form: through this method, you will convince the client of your work and the level of skill that you provide, and we gave an example of writing articles, here is an example of that:
"Here's an example of some of the articles I've written."
5. Explain the price you charge: here's an example of the matter: "I charge$ 50 for writing one thousand-word article and$ 100 for one thousand five hundred-word articles, and the time it takes to finish one article is two days.”
6. Tips for writing a professional job offer:
- Ensure that your skills are well suited to the project.
- Write in the description what the client really needs and do not talk too much about what he does not need.
- Be clear and transparent about providing the best service with the best offer.
- Send and provide samples of your work to the customer first.
- Try to make the presentation of the work clear and interesting to read.
Tips for getting your first job as a freelancer
If you are looking to get your first job as a freelancer, here are some tips that may help you with this:
Create a strong profile: you will need to create a strong and convincing profile for the client, try to resort to ChatGPTand artificial intelligence to help you write a strong and irresistible profile from the practical side, try to have your profile, distinguished showcasing your experience and skills in an attractive way, you can also create a blog or a personal website to showcase your previous works and projects.
Provide previous work samples: before clients decide to hire you and work with you, they may need to see your previous work and samples of your skills, provide interesting work samples reflecting your abilities and professionalism in the field in which you work.
Use social networking sites: use social networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to promote your services and communicate with people in your professional field, you may receive job opportunities through your social connections and relationships.
Be present in communities and forums related to your skills and services: join online forums and groups that talk about topics related to your service and the skills you provide, try to provide contributions, tips and take advantage of discussions to show yourself as a professional in the field and attract the attention of potential customers.
11 common questions that many clients ask freelancers before starting work
1. How it started Often, a client may ask you about your beginnings in freelancing, how it was, and how you discovered your skills, and they may inquire about some of your strengths.
2. Can you show me samples of work for you This question comes in several forms, such as, Have you ever worked and done such a job before Or how much experience and experience you have in the field, Then you can answer by sending samples of your work.
3. How is your business going The client will probably want to know how your job is going and may also want to know when you may be available to answer questions and respond to requests.
4. How much do you charge This is An intuitive question, you won't need much to answer this question, just answer it briefly and explicitly, and try not to underestimate yourself or reduce the price for the sake of the client's budget.
5. How dedicated Are you to the project The client may want to know when the work can be started as soon as possible, and how many hours can be allocated during the week to complete the project
6. What types of projects do you usually work on Sometimes the client may want to get acquainted and see some of your projects and get acquainted with the types of projects that you offer.
7. How long have you been working as a freelancer Some may ask some questions that you may find difficult to answer or violate your privacy somewhat, but there are some clients who want to get to know you and your experiences more.
8. What is the best way to contact you Sometimes a client may want to contact you, he will ask you what is the best and most convenient way through which he can communicate with you.
9. Can I get a free sample At first, some customers may want to get a free sample, which of course is unacceptable, you can not get electricity service for free, and also you can not get free services from free service providers.
10. Can you make my project or my brand like a company project Here you will need to use some intelligence in order to try to get to what the customer or client wants.
11. Can you find out what's on my mind Of course, such questions will not be asked directly, but most often clients want an independent who understands their project and wishes.
14 good tips for getting your first job as a freelancer
- Here are 14 of the best tips you'll need to start getting your first job as a freelancer.
- Choose the field in which you are good at working and have a good to great experience.
- Create an account on freelancing platforms and create a full-fledged profile that fully displays your experience and skills.
- Create a work portfolio that shows the best work you have done previously
- Start applying for small and uncomplicated projects and implement them
- Use tools that help find customers, such as email and social networking sites.
- Find customers who are looking for the services you offer and send them offers
- Try to show your passion and potential in the field and find solutions to the problems of potential customers
- Offer your services at affordable prices to attract new customers first.
- Provide guarantees to customers and show them that you are ready to take responsibility in case of any problem.
- Be patient and persistent, getting the first job can take some time
- Develop and maintain your skills at a high level
- Build long-term relationships with potential and existing customers
- Ask additional questions and listen to the possible needs and requirements of customers
- Try to work on projects that will help you build your resume
Tips for maintaining a steady flow of freelance work
There are several tips that we can give you in terms of maintaining a steady flow of freelance work, among the most important are:
- Try asking customers to rate your service with five stars
- Also, ask to leave a positive review about your service
- Ask clients to mediate for you with other business owners who need your service
- Ask clients to write recommendations for you that you can share as part of future job offers
Advantages and disadvantages of long-term and short-term projects
Advantages of working on long-term projects:
- Getting some kind of financial stability and security
- It can build a solid working relationship between the client
- Over time, you will be able to get acquainted with the needs and wishes of the client and the way he works
- You will have an opportunity in order to conclude relations with the work team
The disadvantages of working on long-term projects:
- If the client does not pay you the money on time, you may lose more than you will lose on short-term projects
- Your time will be rather flexible in order to accommodate more business
- Mostly you will have diversity in business
Advantages of working on short-term projects
- Your time will be more flexible and it will be easier for you to accommodate a lot of projects
- Customers are rather relaxed and know that they can count on you at any time
- You will have diversity in your business
Cons of working on short-term projects
- You may spend a lot of time looking for job opportunities
- It can become difficult to predict your workload
- Your income will often be unstable
Projects that you should never accept to work on
There are several projects that you should not accept at all, but you should not even think about accepting them, especially at the beginning, including:
Low-paid projects: you should never accept projects that have a low salary.
Projects that contradict your principles: do not accept any project that contradicts or contradicts your principles, whether religious, societal, or even personal.
Projects that don't interest you: try to stay away from boring projects that won't interest you or make you creative.
Projects that do not fit your skills: if you notice that a project interferes with your freedom to develop and highlight your skills, stay away from it.
In the end, I hope that you have benefited from this article, which was useful to everyone who is thinking about starting in the world of freelancing.