How to download a video from Facebook on PC, Android, or iPhone without any websites or apps
Downloading a video from Facebook allows you to have a copy of yourself on your phone or computer. This way you can easily share it without scrolling through your newsfeed. Here's how to download videos from Facebook on a Windows or Mac computer or iPhone or Android device.
Can You Download a Video from Facebook?
You can download videos from Facebook as long as the video is set to public. Windows Mac and Android users only need to copy and modify the video link, while iPhone users have to use third-party apps like MyMedia.
Facebook also has a save video option that appears when you click the three-dot icon at the top of a video post. However, this doesn't actually save the video on your device, it just saves it in the app so you can watch it later.
How to Download Facebook Videos on Your Computer
To download a Facebook video on your computer, right-click on it and select Show Video URL. Then paste the URL into a new tab, replacing www with mbasic . Finally right click on it and select save video as...
- Log in to Facebook on your computer. You can do this on any browser.
- Open the video you want to download. You will need to start the video.
- Then right-click on the video. This will cause a popup menu to appear with Play Mute and Show Video URLs.
- Next, click Show Video URL.
- Copy the URL that appears at the top of the video. You can do this by pressing Ctrl + C on a Windows keyboard or Command + C on a Mac. You can also right-click the URL and select Copy.
- Open another tab on your browser and paste the URL into the address bar. You can do this by pressing Ctrl + V on a Windows keyboard or Command + V on a Mac computer. You can also right-click and select Paste. Do not press Enter on the keyboard at this time.
- Replace the www in the URL with basic. You can do this by selecting the text with the mouse and hitting Delete on the keyboard. Then type or paste basic where www is. So your new URL should start with https://mbasic.facebook.com/...
- Then hit Type on the keyboard. This will open a new page.
- Next click on the video you want to download. This will open another page with a video player on a full-page black background.
- Right-click the video and select Save video.
- Finally, choose a name and destination for the video and click save. You can then open the file with any media player that recognizes MP4 files.
If you've always wanted to use VLC to open your video files, check out our guide on how to set VLC as your default media player here.
How to Download Facebook Videos on Android Devices
To download a Facebook video on an Android device, tap the three-dot icon on the video and copy the link. Then paste the link into your browser and replace www with mbasic . Next long press on the video and select Download Video.
- Open the Facebook app on your Android device. If you are not already logged in, you must log in to your account.
- Find the video you want to download.
- Then tap the three-dot icon above the video.
- Next, select Copy the link from the menu that appears.
- Open a browser application on your device and paste the link into the address bar. You can do this by clicking on the address bar and selecting Paste.
- Replace the www with mbasic in the URL. So the URL should start with https://mbasic.facebook.com/...
- Then hit Use the on-screen keyboard.
- Next, tap the video. You may need to log back into your Facebook account at this point.
- Then tap and hold on to the video on the next page. You will see a pop-up menu appear.
- Next, tap Download video. You may need to give Chrome permission to access your photo media and files. Click Allow to continue.
- After the download is complete click open to watch the video. You'll see it at the bottom of the screen.
How to Download Videos from Facebook to iPhone
- Download MyMedia - File Manager app. You can find this app in the Apple App Store.
- Then open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Find the video you want to download and click the share button. You can find this in the video.
- Then tap the chain-link icon. You can find it next to the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the Share menu. When done, the Facebook app closes the menu and returns to the video. You'll see a prompt saying Copied, followed by a checkmark.
- Open the MyMedia – File Manager application.
- Then type fbdown.net into the search bar at the top of the screen. If you don't see this scroll up.
- Then tap Use your phone's on-screen keyboard.
- Next, paste the video URL into the text box. Once the site loads, click the text box and select Paste.
- Then tap download. This will open another page with a thumbnail photo of your video.
- Next, tap More options. Do not click any other buttons on the page.
- Then tap Force download SD or Force download HD. SD stands for Standard Definition and HD stands for High Definition.
- Next, select Download the file.
- Choose a filename for your video, then click Save.
- Wait for the download to complete. The app will open to the Downloads tab. You'll see a progress bar with the filename, file size, and download time. When the download is complete, the progress bar will disappear.
- Then tap Go back to the top right corner of the app.
- Next, tap media. You can find it at the bottom of the app.
- Click on the video you just downloaded.
- Tap Save to Camera Roll. You can then find your video in the Photos app.